Please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has experienced any of the following:
- A fever (>99.8)or chills in the last 2-14 days
- New loss of smell or taste
- Fatigue or muscle or body aches
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Any flu like symptoms
- Came in contact with a COVID-19 positive person
- You or a member of your household has been advised to be tested for COVID-19 or is waiting on a result
- All clients are screened when making an appointment.
- Waiting area/lobby is closed – Please WAIT in your vehicle and call our office to let us know you have arrived.
- The Nail Technician will take your temperature prior to entering the Spa. A temperature of 99.8 or higher will be rescheduled.
- Services will only be performed when both the client and Nail Technician are wearing masks.
- Clients and staff will sanitize their hands upon entering the Spa and before leaving.
- Social distancing guidelines will be honored to the best of our ability. Please adhere to the 6 ft social distancing whenever applicable. Our spa has altered the schedule to only allow one nail tech and one client in the Spa per appointment.
- Services may need modifications to ensure proper safety precautions.
- Accompanying guests are not allowed to enter the Spa unless it is to provide handicapped personal assistance. Guests will be screened and have their temperature taken upon entering the Spa. Such guests may be asked to wait in the car until service is complete.
- We ask clients to refrain from bringing food or beverages into the spa.
- We have implemented a touch-free nail polish selection process. The Nail Technician will recommend polish options as per client requests.
- We ask payments be arranged via credit card and receipts to be emailed.
- All stations and touch surface areas will be disinfected with EPA registered disinfectant before and after each client.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued new interim public health recommendations for fully vaccinated people. These recommendations are intended to loosen restrictions for fully vaccinated people. However, these recommendations apply only to non-health care settings. CDC still endorses workplace safety protocols as outlined by our policy. Please note fully vaccinated patients will still be required to have temperature control, wear a mask, social distance, and proceed with guidelines established by our practice as patients that are seen in our office are not required to be vaccinated to be treated.
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation.